We are delighted to release our 2020 Sustainability Report, which is our 5th annual sustainability report.
The new report details our performance against the environmental, economic and social issues that we believe matter most to our business and our stakeholders.
Our sustainability strategy and JOURNEY2030 goals are aligned to the global United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and regional sustainable ambitions – UAE Vision 2021, UAE Green Agenda 2030 and the National Programme for Happiness and Positivity.
The report is prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the international standards organization that helps businesses and governments to understand and communicate their impact on climate change.
Some key achievements include:
- 80% of waste diverted from landfill on two of its project sites in the past year
- 4% decrease in energy use in our own office versus last year
- 26% increase in annual turnover for 2019-20 financial year
- Successful delivery of 4 LEED certified projects
- 44% of materials purchased for client projects came from sustainable sources
- 27% increase in community volunteering versus last year
Marcos Bish, Managing Director of Summertown Interiors said: “Our team is passionate about sustainability, and we are extremely proud of the achievements and progress we’ve made as we strive to embed sustainability into every aspect of our business. Looking ahead, the main challenge for us will be the social and economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic as we continue to navigate this unprecedented, challenging environment. However, we are confident in our people and ability to continue to deliver quality sustainable workplace place solutions for our clients, and reach our JOURNEY2030 sustainability goals.”
To find out more click here to download the full report from our sustainability page.